Fees and Payments
1. Who is West Elm, India?
Reliance Brands Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of India, having its registered office at 4th Floor, Court House, Lokmanya Tilak Marg, Dhobi Talao, Mumbai – 400002, India ("West Elm India"), born in Brooklyn in 2002. We're focused on the intersection of modern design, affordability and community. Everything we sell—from sofas and tables to bedding and vases (Products)—is made with one goal in mind: to help our customers (Platforms) express their personal style at home and in the world.
We care about impact too. By designing over 90% of our products in–house, our design team has steadily increased our selection of organic, handcrafted, sustainably sourced and Fair Trade Certified™ products. There's a story behind everything we sell—one that starts in Brooklyn and lives on with you.
2. What is this Fees and Payments Policy?
3. Fees and Payment Options
3.1. West Elm India, does not levy any fee for browsing the Platforms. West Elm India-may, in future, consider levying fees on the Users for using the Platforms as a whole, or for use of certain features of the Platforms. In such an event, you agree to pay any such fees, as applicable. West Elm India does not covenant or guarantee providing you with a notice prior to enforcing such a levy of fees. Your continued usage of the Platforms after such change in the fees will be considered to be your acceptance of such changes.
3.2. In order to ensure User convenience, West Elm India offers multiple payment options to Users. West Elm India, without prior notice to Users, reserves the right to add or delete payment options from the ones listed below:
- 3.2.1. Payment through net banking facilities;
- 3.2.2. Payment through select credit cards;
- 3.2.3. Payment through select debit cards;
- 3.2.4. Payment through store credit;
- 3.2.5. Payments through cash on delivery; and
- 3.2.6. Payments through prepaid payment instruments and electronic wallets;
- 3.2.7. Payment through equated monthly instalments (“EMI”);
- 3.2.8. Any other payment option as may be provided by West Elm India from time to time.
The payment options referred to above shall hereinafter collectively be referred to as “Payment Options”. While reasonable endeavours are made to offer the Payment Options through varied banking channels, presently, West Elm India accepts payments only from major, select banking avenues. West Elm India does not accept payments made through international debit/credit cards.
3.3. It is expressly clarified that accepting a User’s payment through the Payment Options is solely at West Elm India discretion. West Elm India reserves the right to reject payment from a User through the Payment Options for any reason whatsoever. In order to further validate a User’s transaction, West Elm India may request the User to submit a copy of the User’s photo identity proof (such as the User’s PAN card), failing which, West Elm India reserves the right to reject a User’s payment made through the Payment Options.
3.4. While using the Payment Options, Users agree to provide correct, complete and accurate financial information such as credit/debit card details or prepaid payment instrument account details which may be stored by West Elm India’s third party payment gateway provider. Users shall not use a credit/debit card or prepaid instrument which is not lawfully owned by him/her or which the User has not been lawfully authorised to use. The User shall solely be responsible for the security and confidentiality of his/her financial information. West Elm India disclaims all liabilities that may arise as a consequence of any unauthorised use of the User’s financial information and/or identity, including, details relating the Payment Options.
3.5. West Elm India shall not be held responsible and shall not assume any liability in respect of any loss or damage suffered by a User owing to:
- 3.5.1. a lack of authorisation for any transaction, including such transactions carried out on gift cards and vouchers issued to Users as a part of West Elm India’s promotions;
- 3.5.2. the exceeding of the credit/debit limit mutually agreed between the User and the issuing bank;
- 3.5.3. any payment issue arising out of technical glitches occurring during a transaction; or
- 3.5.4. a declination of transaction for reasons beyond West Elm India’s control.
3.6. West Elm India reserves the right to impose limits on the number of transactions a User may undertake over the Platforms. Should the User exceed such transaction limits imposed by West Elm India, West Elm India reserves the right to refuse to process such transactions. West Elm India may refuse to process transactions emanating from Users who have suspicious or questionable transaction history on the Platforms. Should West Elm India be dissatisfied with the credibility of a User or the genuineness of a transaction carried out on the Platforms, West Elm India shall have the right to reject such transactions. West Elm India may also choose to delay the dispatch of Products purchased by such Users or cancel the entire purchase at its sole discretion. The User agrees that West Elm India shall not be liable for any damage, interests or claims resulting from West Elm India’s decision to not process a transaction or delay in the processing of a transaction on account of a User’s suspicious activity on the Platforms.
3.7. Unless specified otherwise, all the Products listed on the Platforms shall be sold in Indian Rupees either at maximum retail price or at an offer or discounted price, with or without applicable taxes. Despite West Elm India best efforts, there may be instances of mispricing of Products on the Platforms during or after the process of purchase of Products has been carried out by the User. While thorough processes of verification are carried out prior to the publication of Product prices on the Platforms, errors and discrepancies arising out of technical glitches and time lags is unavoidable. For avoidance of doubt, West Elm India’s curative actions that will arise in the event of a price difference arising on the actual maximum retail price of a Product against the price published on the Platforms is set out below:
- 3.7.1. If the maximum retail price of the Product delivered to the User is lower than the price published on the Platforms, the User shall, within 24 (twenty four) hours from the time when he/she received the Product, intimate West Elm India by calling 8928443366 or by writing to [email protected], in each case resulting in an acknowledgment. Upon West Elm India being satisfied of the User’s claim, the difference in the purchase price against the maximum retail price shall be refunded as store credit or transferred into the User’s bank account within 1 (one) day from the date of receiving the written notice from the User.
- 3.7.2. If the maximum retail price of the Product listed on the Platforms is higher than what has been published and if West Elm India is not providing an offer or discount on such Products, West Elm India shall have the right to reserve the despatch of the purchased Products until the error on the Platforms have been rectified and the User pays the difference amount. If the User refuses to pay the difference, the User is entitled to seek a cancellation and the monies paid by the User shall be refunded as store credit or transferred into the User’s bank account within 15 (fifteen) days by West Elm India
- 3.7.3. In order to process such refunds, the User will be required to send an email to West Elm India at [email protected] Thereafter, the User will receive a refund if the initial mode of payment for the order was ‘cash on delivery’. If the initial mode of payment for the order was through a Payment Option other than the ‘cash on delivery’ option, West Elm India may transfer the refund to the User’s source account that was used to make the initial payment.
3.8. To enable Users to make payments for buying Products on the Platforms, in addition to this FPP Policy, the terms and conditions of the User’s bank, applicable financial institution and/or card issuing association may be applicable. The User’s bank, financial institution or card issuing association may decline or prevent the User from making electronic payments for buying the Products on the Platforms and West Elm India does not control the same and hence, shall not be at any point in time held liable.
3.9. West Elm India may, from time to time contract with third party payment service providers including banks, to open nodal bank accounts under applicable Indian laws. This will be done to facilitate the payments between Users and other third parties, apart from West Elm India. These third parties may include other service providers including payment aggregators, prepaid instrument providers, courier and logistic service providers etc. Upon successful delivery of the Products purchased by you through the Platforms, West Elm India shall initiate payments to third party service providers.
3.10. If it is brought to the User’s notice that a charge has been created on his/her payment instrument(s) for purchase of Product(s) on the Platforms and the User is not aware of such purchase on the Platforms, the User is first, required to verify if his/her family members, friends or business colleagues were authorised to carry out the purchase of Product(s) on the Platforms. If, despite this, the User continues to be unable to identify the charge created on his/her payment instrument(s) for purchase of Product(s) on the Platforms, the User may report such unauthorised purchase to West Elm India within 30 (thirty) days from the date on which the unauthorised purchase was carried out on the Platforms in order to enable West Elm India’s initiate investigations.
3.11. If the User carries out a purchase on the Platforms and the payment in lieu thereof has been invalidated, West Elm India reserves the right to retrieve the invalidated payment (“Invalidated Payment”) from the User’s store credit. Should the User have insufficient store credit in order to facilitate such redemption of the Invalidated Payment, the User shall within 5 (five) business days from the date of receiving a written notice from West Elm, India, remit the Invalidated Payment into West Elm, India’s bank account, details of which shall be set out in the notice. If the User fails to remit the Invalidated Payment into West Elm India’s bank account despite having received the notice, West Elm, India shall be entitled to initiate civil and/or criminal legal action against the defaulting User at his/her cost and peril.
3.12. Store Credit: If a User cancels an order for which payment has already been made to West Elm, India, the User shall have an option to convert the monies paid towards the order into store credit as long as the transaction meets the criterion as prescribed under the exchange/cancellation policy. West Elm India may also, at its sole discretion, grant Users with store credit. The store credits can be used by the User for future purchases only on the Platforms. The User agrees that all store credit available on the User’s store credit account, if any, will automatically stand forfeited, and West Elm India will not be required to process any refunds in any manner whatsoever. The User therefore agrees to use and exhaust any existing store credit prior to requesting for a deactivation of his/her account on the Platforms. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any refund of store credit to customers will be at the sole discretion of West Elm India. If West Elm India suspects any fraudulent activities, West Elm India reserves its right to hold back transfer of any store credits to customers.
4. Grievance Redressal
Any grievances relating to the FPP Policy may be directed by you to the grievance officer of West Elm India who can be contacted at [email protected]